Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

The Backstage Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums General Keys & Piano Discussion Introduce Yourself!

• Steve

September 26, 2023 at 12:33 pm

Hi

Steve from Bedfordshire England

1. Where are you from? Bedfordshire England
    2. How old are you? 67
    3. Your favorite style of music? 60’s 70’s Rock/Prog Rock/Blues but also a lot of Ed Sheeran stuff

4. Why did you sign up for Online Rock Lessons? I’ve been through another course but things have got a bit stale. That course is also focussed on modern pop, generally not my sort of thing.
    5. What is your #1 piano & keyboards goal? To be able to play some similar to the 60’s 70’s prog rock/rock/Blues I know, even if its only snippets! Also, accompany commercial recordings at home if possible with my keyboard

• Marine

Administrator
      September 26, 2023 at 1:25 pm

Hey Steve!

I’m so glad you’re here! Welcome to the school!

🎹🤩

• Tim

December 1, 2023 at 1:29 pm

1. Where are you from? Mississauga Ontario
    2. How old are you? 61
    3. Your favorited style of music? Prog Blues classic Rock

4. Why did you sign up for Online Rock Lessons? more inline with my musical taste and direction
    5. What is your #1 piano & keyboards goal? confidence and competence to jam with fellow musicians that are currently playing locally

• Marine

Administrator
      December 1, 2023 at 2:10 pm

Amazing!
      Welcome to the school Tim! 🎹

• Thomas

February 8, 2024 at 3:02 pm

1. Where are you from? Ireland

2. How old are you? 42

3. Your favourite style of music? 80’s Rock

4. Why did you sign up for Online Rock Lessons? I want to be able to improv rock ballads at the piano. Marine’s videos seemed to hit the mark, so I signed up for more.

5. What is your #1 piano & keyboards goal? I can read music, but want to be able to play by sound/without sheet music, and be able to bang out a tune with chord notation only.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Thomas.
  • Martin

March 3, 2024 at 4:06 pm
    1. D’où venez-vous ? Brossard, Qc

2. Quel âge avez-vous ? 53 ans

3. Votre style de musique préféré ? Blues, Blues-rock, rock, jazz, classique, ambiante, électronique, …

4. Pourquoi vous êtes-vous inscrit(e) aux cours de rock en ligne ? Pour progresser à partir d’une méthode

5. Quel est votre objectif principal pour le piano et les claviers ? Progresser à: l’orgue 50%, au piano 30%, aux synthés 27%, au clavecin 3%. Jouer de la musique de noël avec férocité et entendre mes enfants dire: «Papa, nous sommes le 27 décembre, on est plus capable, peux-tu changer de répertoire???» En somme, avoir du plaisir et travailler quelques pièces (Stormy Monday, Lazy, Careful with that axe Eugene et autres méditations pinkfloydiennes, All About My Girl, et peut-être un jour le solo Eruption de Van Halen).

• Marine

Administrator
      March 4, 2024 at 3:17 pm

Génial!

Bienvenue Martin! 🎹🤘

• Alessa

April 14, 2024 at 8:02 am

Introduce yourself by answering these 5 questions.

1. Where are you from? St. Augustine, Fl
    2. How old are you? Old enough to have experienced classic rock when it was new
    3. Your favourite style of music? Classic rock and pop

4. Why did you sign up for Online Rock Lessons? Take me to the next level of play…am a beginner now.
    5. What is your #1 piano & keyboards goal? Goal is to learn to read music better, learn more chord variations, how to better improvise, and play better in a band setting.

• Marine

Administrator
      April 14, 2024 at 10:56 am

Amazing! Welcome Alessa!! 🤩

• William

April 18, 2024 at 5:16 pm

How ya’ll are!

Billy from Philly here, what up yo!

1. Where are you from? Philadelphia
    2. How old are you? 67
    3. Your favourite style of music? There’s only 2 kinds of music… Good music, and that other stuff!

4. Why did you sign up for Online Rock Lessons? “Do you wanna play like Jon Lord?”, ‘Yes, please!’
    5. What is your #1 piano & keyboards goal? See #4.

• Marine

Administrator
      April 18, 2024 at 5:52 pm

haha Welcome to the shcool Billy!! 🙂 🎹🤩

Page 2 of 2