Le Backstage Community

Trouve des réponses, pose des questions et connecte avec notre
communauté partout dans le monde.

Accueil Forums Journal de pratique Thomas’ Practice Log

• Thomas’ Practice Log

Posted by Thomas on 8 février 2024 at 3:08 pm

Short term goal: master scales, chords and arpeggios

Long term goal: use that mastery to improv Rock ballads at the piano

For the last week I have been practicing through the major scales for about 20-30 mins a day (in episodes). I have managed to grasp the major natural and sharp scales as per the major scales workbook, next stop the major flat scales. Once I have those reasonably down, I plan on moving on to the minor scales.

Marine a répondu Il y a 2 mois, 3 semaines 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Thomas

13 février 2024 at 2:16 pm

Have been practicing the major scales methodically since the last update, roughly 30mins a day in sessions (whenever I pass the piano) and have finally got a handle on all the major scales in the workbook, both hands, 2 octaves. Next step is to watch the minor scale video and start working on those.

• Marine

Administrator
      13 février 2024 at 2:28 pm

Good Job! 🙂

• Thomas

22 février 2024 at 7:04 am

Still practicing daily for roughly 30mins. Finished the beginner method session, and found the practice routine video at the end especially helpful. Managed to find a copy of Hanon’s exercise book 1, and have now structured my 30min sessions as suggested – 25%,25%,50%. Working through the rockstar journey level 1 as my song choices for now, and have started the intermediate method course. Really enjoying the structure of this online programme – wish I had taken piano practice this seriously in my younger days!

• Marine

Administrator
      22 février 2024 at 10:32 am

Amazing, I’m so glad!! 🙂