Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Le Backstage Community

Trouve des réponses, pose des questions et connecte avec notre
communauté partout dans le monde.

Accueil Forums Discussions sur les cours Question about Camera Angles

• Question about Camera Angles

Posted by David on 25 mars 2023 at 12:24 pm

Hello Marine. I am really enjoying the course. I have been avoiding posting on Facebook because one of the other members posted a comment that said people need to speak French in the group. I am not French, so when I saw that comment and the actual number of people speaking French on the Facebook group I sort of feel like an outsider. So I probably won’t be posting anything in the group. I will remain a member of the Facebook group and I will support others with a click of the ‘Like’ button. My main question is about camera angles when recording a progress video. I was wondering if you have a preference on particular camera angles when we record ourselves for our progress log. Do you prefer an overhead shot of the keyboard or a side angle? I am just curious. Thanks. I have been thinking of maybe buying a boom mic stand and attaching a camera to that. Anyway, thanks again for an awesome online experience.

Marine a répondu Il y a 1 année 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Marine

Administrator
    25 mars 2023 at 5:28 pm

Hey David!
    Thanks for reaching out! For the Facebook group, it’s more of a public group. It’s bilingual but yes there are a lot of french people I totally understand!
    If you’d like there’s a Private, members-only group where there are a lot fewer people. Basically only active members of the school! Might be easier to post a video over there! 🙂

You can access it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/onlinerocklessonsstudents

As for the camera angle, the best is when I can see your hands! So the top angle is great and can be on the side too. What’s easier for you! 🙂

• David

26 mars 2023 at 10:18 am

Thank you very much. I think I will use the overhead angle. Also, you will be able to see my right hand and the issues I have with my pinky finger on that hand. The pinky finger curls in towards my palm because of arthritis. So my right hand won’t stretch far enough to play 7th chords in root position when I get to the lessons about 7th chords. That should be fun. :). Thanks again.

• Marine

Administrator
      26 mars 2023 at 12:36 pm

Amazing! Looking forward to see your progress then 🙂