Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

The Backstage Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Courses Related Discussion Question about Camera Angles

• Question about Camera Angles

Posted by David on March 25, 2023 at 12:24 pm

Hello Marine. I am really enjoying the course. I have been avoiding posting on Facebook because one of the other members posted a comment that said people need to speak French in the group. I am not French, so when I saw that comment and the actual number of people speaking French on the Facebook group I sort of feel like an outsider. So I probably wonโ€™t be posting anything in the group. I will remain a member of the Facebook group and I will support others with a click of the โ€˜Likeโ€™ button. My main question is about camera angles when recording a progress video. I was wondering if you have a preference on particular camera angles when we record ourselves for our progress log. Do you prefer an overhead shot of the keyboard or a side angle? I am just curious. Thanks. I have been thinking of maybe buying a boom mic stand and attaching a camera to that. Anyway, thanks again for an awesome online experience.

Marine replied 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Marine

Administrator
    March 25, 2023 at 5:28 pm

Hey David!
    Thanks for reaching out! For the Facebook group, it’s more of a public group. It’s bilingual but yes there are a lot of french people I totally understand!
    If you’d like there’s a Private, members-only group where there are a lot fewer people. Basically only active members of the school! Might be easier to post a video over there! ๐Ÿ™‚

You can access it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/onlinerocklessonsstudents

As for the camera angle, the best is when I can see your hands! So the top angle is great and can be on the side too. What’s easier for you! ๐Ÿ™‚

• David

March 26, 2023 at 10:18 am

Thank you very much. I think I will use the overhead angle. Also, you will be able to see my right hand and the issues I have with my pinky finger on that hand. The pinky finger curls in towards my palm because of arthritis. So my right hand wonโ€™t stretch far enough to play 7th chords in root position when I get to the lessons about 7th chords. That should be fun. :). Thanks again.

• Marine

Administrator
      March 26, 2023 at 12:36 pm

Amazing! Looking forward to see your progress then ๐Ÿ™‚